The Tax Council Policy Institute (TCPI), which was created in 1997, is a non-profit and non-partisan public policy research and educational organization. TCPI was created to help bring about a better understanding of significant federal tax policies that impact businesses and the national economy through careful study, thoughtful evaluation and open discussion. TCPI is affiliated with The Tax Council, an association established in 1966 for senior level tax professionals who work together to promote sound federal tax policies and a better understanding of our federal tax system.
The TCPI’s premier event is the Annual Tax Policy & Practice Symposium which is held each February in Washington, DC. For the past twelve years, these symposia have played a critical role in helping to shape the debate, define the issues, and shed light on important tax issues. The symposia are considered to be exceptionally effective because they bring together leading professionals from government, academia, and the private sector to intently focus on a specific, timely tax issue for two days of discussion and debate. Previous topics include:
- The New Realities of Tax Risk Management: Navigating Risk in a Complex World - 2012
- "Tax Uncertainties in a Deficit-Driven World: Designing a Blueprint for Leadership" - 2011
- "Tax Reform: In Search of a 21st Century U.S. Tax System" - 2010
- "Certainty in an Uncertain World? Resolving Cross-Border Controversies" - 2009
- "Future Shock? Impact of U.S. Fiscal Policy on Corporate Taxation in an Increasingly Competitive Global Marketplace" - 2008
- "Understanding the Global Tax Arena - Risk & Regulation" - 2007
- "The Corporate Tax Practice in the Age of Transparency" - 2006
- "The US International Tax Regime" - 2005
- "The Corporate Tax Practice: Responding to the New Challenges of a Changing Landscape" - 2004
- "Jurisdiction to Tax in the New Economy" - 2003
- "The Future of International Transfer Pricing” - 2002
- "The R & D Tax Credit in the New Economy” - 2001
- "INDOPCO: Past, Present and Future” - 2000
Go to Events for detailed information regarding these and other symposiums.The TCPI is affiliated with The Tax Council, an association comprised mainly of Fortune 500 companies, major trade associations and key accounting and law firms. The Tax Council has provided an ongoing forum on important tax policy issues for over 35 years in order to promote sound federal tax and fiscal policies and to bring about a better understanding of the tax system.